We have often been told that eating a balanced diet and taking regular exercise are the keys to maintaining a healthy body and losing weight. But sometimes it can feel as though you’re fighting a losing battle and despite your best efforts (and plenty of willpower) you might not see the results you’re hoping for.
There might be a good reason for this and it has nothing to do with not working hard enough at the gym or sticking rigidly enough to your diet.
Your genetic makeup affects how you respond to certain foods and exercise and this information can provide the key to success when it comes to getting fit and healthy.
In essence, knowing your genetic profile could take the guesswork out of dieting by showing your optimum nutritional balance and exercise regime.
Your genetics create specific nutritional needs that are unique to you. Learning to meet these needs will help you to look and feel better and you can use this information to lose weight naturally and with maximum results.
Genetic testing for fitness and health
Myogenes offer a simple genetic test that uses a saliva sample to analyse 110 genetic variations and determine your individual bodily response to substances like fat, carbohydrates, caffeine, alcohol, lactose and gluten.
How it works
A simple saliva test, which can be taken at home, is sent off to the laboratory for testing. Within two to three weeks you will receive a personalised diet and fitness plan.
What it shows
This plan will reveal:
- The most important macro and micro nutrients your body needs. The test will show how your body responds to basic nutrients such as carbohydrates and saturated fats. It will include a list of foods that best meet your body’s daily nutritional needs as well as nutritional tables that enable you to plan meals based on your correct calorific intake.
- A greater understanding of your muscles and the sports that will be most beneficial to you.
- An overview of your genetic disposition and whether you are particularly prone to health factors such as high cholesterol, high blood sugar, weak bones or obesity.
- Your genetic risk of vitamin and mineral deficiency.
- Whether you are particularly prone to oxidative stress and the implications this will have in relation to ageing.
Test results are presented in a comprehensive guidebook that is divided into eight chapters, broken down into key thematic elements. The book contains simple instructions on how to use the information, as well as an interesting introduction to genetics and diet. It will list all of the genes analysed and explain their role in your health and wellbeing.
It’s not just us who are taking about it!
The Myogenes team were delighted to see the editor of Hello magazine had also found out about our test and decided to feature it in the latest edition on 29th July (Page 99)! This was unprompted press coverage of our Diet, Health & Fitness Test.
DNA testing UK
Genetic testing for diet and fitness is backed by comprehensive scientific research and the guidebook includes links to the scientific research data that was used to develop the test.
The nutritional table will list your ideal foods, complete with their calorific value, cholesterol content, nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
If you are looking to lose weight, the first chapter entitled “The way to your ideal body weight” contains everything you need to know. It could transform the way you lose weight and spell the end of fad diets and failed exercise regimes.
Watch our video to find out more: